Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Weekly Wrap-Up (Late)

Blogging has been a bit slow recently for various reasons, and I know this Weekly Wrap-Up is two days late!  All will be explained below...Just pretend I posted this on Sunday and you'll never know the difference!


Uni: Still on mid-year break.

What I'm Playing: New section this week!  I finally got my replacement hard drive for my PC so I can play games again, yay!  As I've noted previously, I'm a bit of a geek.  I love my computer games (even though my mother thinks that, as an "old married woman", I shouldn't be playing them any more!).  My current game is Mass Effect 2.  The first Mass Effect was my favourite game...until the same people (BioWare) brought out Dragon Age: Orgins.  Then that was my fave game.  Then they brought out the sequel to Mass Effect, and now THAT is my fave game!  Mass Effect was designed as a trilogy, and like all good trilogies, the middle one is the darkest and most desperate.  With Mass Effect 2, they got rid of all the annoying stuff and streamlined the game.  There's also heaps and heaps of little incidental details, new stuff as well as stuff that carries over from the first episode.  So many people from little side quests keep popping up, it's awesome.  If you play PC (or Xbox 360) games at all, you should definitely check it out.  And that is why this blog is late! All I've been doing for the last week is working, sleeping, or playing ME2 :P

What I'm Reading: Not much reading, too much playing!  I've nearly finished with Bill Bryson's At Home.

What I'm Listening To: Red Hot Chilli Peppers' Greatest Hits.

To Do List: Did I make it clear yet that I haven't done anything this week? :P

What's Caught My Eye: Not much.  I'll try to improve this section next week...

Mini-Goal: Play as much ME2 as I can before I have to go back to studying.

On the Menu: This week was my birthday.  Unfortunately we both had to work.  My birthday just kind of happened this year: so close to exams, and with everything else going on, it just slipped.  So on Monday (the day before) we had my special birthday dinner.  We made mini-pizzas with home-made mango chutney, lamb and rocket - no recipe, we just made it up as we went along - and they were delicious.  We also bought a Black Forest Gateau from The Cheesecake Shop, which was also delicious.

Fashion: Not much happening in this department this week.  More next week!

Word of the Week: This week will be more of a quote: "Sir Isaac Newton is the deadliest son-of-a-bitch in space!"

No comments:

Post a Comment