Saturday, July 10, 2010

Special Edition Outfit of the Day!

Last night was my work's annual "Bonus Dinner".  All the girls get dressed up, all the guys get drunk, and we have dinner at a fancy restaurant big enough to hold us all.  Last night's was at the Lagoon Restaurant in the Surfers Paradise Marriott.  The food was delicious, although the service wasn't as good as you would expect.

I was really looking forward to the dinner this year, because I've been feeling so happy and confident about my body and my clothes.  Most years I've worn something quite daggy (although last year I put in a bit of effort as well).  This year I went for a goth look.

Dress: City Chic
Shoes and clutch: Tony Bianco

I got the dress on sale from City Chic's website for $40, down from $180!  I loved it, they had it in my size, so I snapped it up without trying it on.  If anything it's a little loose.  It has a corset-style top half that laces up at the back so it's semi-adjustable.  The shoes and clutch were both also on sale.  I've posted these shoes before and now you can see how high they are!  Astute readers will also notice that the choker is the same one I wore for my wedding.  I got a lot of compliments on all aspects of my outfit and I was really happy.  Unfortunately, Dave was at work so I had to get ready by myself and didn't have anyone to take a photo!  I had to get one of the girls from work to do it there and I forgot to turn on the flash so it's a bit grainy sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment