Monday, July 5, 2010

Weekly Wrap-Up

Once again, my Weekly Wrap-Up is late, sorry!  I had to work all day on Sunday by myself (my boss was working from home) and there was a lot of work to do, so by the time I got home from work I was not in the mood for blogging.


Uni: I got my second result back, a B- for Language & Communication, which was a bit of a relief because I was a little worried about that exam.  It's still quite far below my goal grade though (I like to see those A's!), so I need to work extra hard for the next semester.  I'm doing 6 classes this year (plus one in Summer School), but two of them are Double Semester papers, so I won't finish them until the end of the year.

What I'm Playing: Still playing ME2, but Steam had a big sale this week so we bought a bunch of new games. Not being able to get ADSL2+ here however means we have a 50GB download limit (the horror!) so we have to ration our downloads of games unfortunately.

What I'm Reading: I finished Dark Tower VII and Bill Bryson's At Home and started on my birthday present from Dave's parents, Richard Dawkins' The Greatest Show on Earth.  I love Dawkins - he's the reason I'm a fully-fledged Atheist as opposed to merely Agnostic - and I think I will dedicate a whole blog post to him soon.

What I'm Listening To: The last week has been very, very stressful and busy at work.  I don't want to go into it too much because this week is even worse.  Suffice to say I've needed some stress relief and Metallica has been the answer!  I've been blasting ...And Justice for All and the Black Album all week in the car.  At work on Sunday I plugged in the tinny little speakers that I keep in my drawer and cycled through an eclectic mix of Björk, Black Eyed Peas, Guns n' Roses, Smashing Pumpkins, and the EP of Evie Parts I, II & III by The Wrights.  I love Evie, this recording is one of my favourite Australian recordings.

To Do List: Next week is the start of Semester 2, so this week I need to clean up my study area and prepare for that.  I still have everything else on my To Do List as well.  Man, I suck at this!

What's Caught My Eye: I added another blog to my ever-growing collection of Fat Acceptance blogs.  This post is an excellent Fat Acceptance 101 post and I really, really encourage everyone to read it.

Mini-Goal: Clean up my study area and revise the poems I got back from my Creative Writing marker so I can post them here.

On the Menu: On Monday we had dinner with Dave's sister and her family, so no New Recipe Monday this week.  I also still have not made the Cherry Cheesecake Slice I'm supposed to be trying.  Not sure when I'm going to get the chance to do that either!

Fashion: Like I said elsewhere, I bought two coats from Miller's this week.  I also bought my birthday present heels from Tony Bianco with my discount voucher.  As soon as I wear them, I'll have pics!

Word of the Week: Once again, a quote.  I might have to change this section to "Quote of the Week" instead!  "Emptiness is loneliness and loneliness is cleanliness and cleanliness is godliness and God is empty, just like me..."

No comments:

Post a Comment