Friday, August 20, 2010

Outfit of the Day: Horizontal Stripes

One of the first "Fashion Rules" I remember learning as a little girl was that horizontal stripes apparently make you look fat and should be avoided at all costs.  Well, bollocks to that I say!  If they make things look bigger then they must make my boobs look fantastic!

Necklace: Gifted

It was raining and I was in a hurry so the pic isn't that great, and I wish I had a better one of this necklace because it is so beautiful.  A friend of mine from Tahiti made it for me for my wedding.  I'm still having problems with these shoes but they're slowly becoming wearable.  I made it to and from work at least but I was running all over the office today so I ended up having to kick them off at work because it was too much effort keeping them on!

I just realised this is the first pic I've posted in which you can see one of my two tattoos.  I love my tattoos and want to get more but don't trust anyone other than my tattooist Dave at Electric Ink to do them.  Unfortunately he is in the middle of nowhere in NZ so it's either make a special trip just for tattoos (unlikely) or wait until I move back home (long way away) or find a recommended tattoo artist I can trust on the Gold Coast or perhaps in Brisbane.  I want to get a phoenix on my right upper arm and a silver fern icon on the inside of my right wrist, and then I have some other plans as well!

1 comment:

  1. I only mentioned to my MIL today about horizontal stripes! I tried on a top in best & less, very natical inspired, with horizontal stripes. A few years ago they wouldn't have even considered making the item in plus sizes, but they do now! It was awesome!

    I didn't buy the top, but it's amazing. Best & Less have some great stock in at the moment!

    I love the jeans and top look, i'm trying to get into it more, it looks so comfy. I've just never been much of a pants fan, so I keep experimenting.

    ReplyDelete