Monday, September 13, 2010

30 Days of Me: Day 5

A picture of somewhere I've been to.  Well, I talk about travelling more a lot, but really, I've been incredibly lucky to go to some of the most beautiful places in the world (yes, the most beautiful places in the world are in Australia and New Zealand!).  It was hard to narrow down, but I decided to go with something from our honeymoon in Malaysia, which was the first time I had left Australasia.

I wanted to show myself at the Lake of the Pregnant Maiden in Langkawi, but I somehow ended up with no photos of myself there! So I decided to go with that Batu Caves instead:


This statue is of Lord Muruga and is apparently the biggest in the world.  It's nearly 43 metres tall.  I'm quite far away from it in this photo.  It's really huge, and really gold.  It's totally overwhelming.

Here is a bonus pic of the Pregant Maiden that gives the lake mentioned above its name:



Her head is on the right.  To me it looks like a pregnant woman lying with her hands clasped over her belly.

No comments:

Post a Comment