Tuesday, September 28, 2010

30 Days of Me: Days 18, 19, & 20

For various reasons that I won't go into (but include too much stress and the release of Civ V) I've been pretty much invisible online for the last couple of days.  This means that I missed two days of my blogging challenge.  So I've combined the last two days and today into one post.  And away we go...

Day 18
Day 18 is plans/dreams/goals you have.  Well, if you've read anything in this blog at all you'll realise that my biggest one of those is to get pregnant and have a family.  Apart from that, I want to be a novelist.  I also plan on eventually moving back to NZ to settle for good, probably in Wellington.  I also dream of winning the lottery and never working again!

Day 19
Day 19 is all about nicknames.  When I was young and my cousin Hadlee was still learning to talk, he called me "Jaffa" because he couldn't pronounce my name (Jennifer) correctly.  At some point, I don't recall how, my friend's father found out and started calling me "Giant Jaffa" because I was so tall for my age.  When I moved from Auckland to Wellington, the nickname resurfaced...But the meaning of "Jafa" in Wellington is less delicious candy and more a derogatory term for anyone from Auckland.  This is a family blog, so I won't say why, but if you want you can Google it to find out.  Apart from that, and the obvious Jen or Jenni (I prefer Jen, but if you insist on Jenni, please spell it that way and not Jenny - there's no "y" in my name!), I'm also called Jenni Penny by my mother and her mother.  If any of you start calling me Jenni Penny, you will regret it!  I'm also known as "Ish" or "Il" from my game handles.  Finally, I have one friend who calls me J-Fer.  I think that's all I have that qualifies as nicknames.

Day 20
Someone I see myself marrying/being with in the future?  Well I got married 6 months ago, so I'm already with that person.  But, for the sake of this post, let's just say that if Alistair from Dragon Age: Origins ever spontaneously came to life and appeared on my doorstep, I would be running off into the sunset with him in a heartbeat! *daydreamy sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment