Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Big50 Day 12: Learning

I've always enjoyed learning new things.  I read non-fiction for fun.  I'm in the middle of my second bachelor's degree.  I enjoy learning new skills for work, and how things work, and what makes people tick.  I soak up knowledge like a sponge, so I'm good at Trivial Pursuit!  The one thing I have trouble with is dates and numbers.  I was always really bad at history subjects because I could never remember all the dates things happened, which is a shame, because I really enjoy learning about history.

Learning, for me, is a lifelong process.  My Mum is also studying at the moment, and was doing night classes through most of my childhood.  She also loves learning, and passed that on to my sister and I.  My Daddy is more a practical learner - he likes to know how things work and why things happen.  My sister is currently doing her PhD.

Because I enjoy learning, I also enjoy teaching - but only teaching people who want to learn.  I don't understand people who are happy in their little rut, not learning, and find it difficult to relate to them.  At one point I was planning on teaching high school, and still have a vague idea that I might continue with my higher education and eventually teach at university level, but I'm not sure about that.  I still don't really know "what I want to be when I grow up".  I want to learn about everything!  I always struggle to choose my papers for my university studies because they all sound so interesting!

Today I learned several new things for work.  What have you learned today?


This post is part of my Big50 blogging challenge series.

No comments:

Post a Comment