Monday, November 22, 2010

Big50 Day 16: Comfort Food

I've already talked about chocolate and baking, so it should be clear to you by now that I really love my food!  In fact, I just added a new category for "Food" to this blog.  As I write this, I have my second Christmas Pudding of the season boiling in a pot on the stove, and a batch of choc-marmalade-walnut biscotti cooling on the rack.

Comfort food means many things to me.  When I'm sick, I want my Nana's poached eggs and lemon honey drink.  My favourite dessert was her rice pudding, which my Daddy does an excellent imitation of.  When I'm home, I want Mum's bacon and eggs and mushrooms for breakfast.

Sausages with onion gravy and mash is my favourite meal to cook when I'm craving something comforting.  We get some really good quality sausages and make a slow-cooked onion gravy with this recipe.  It really is worth the hour of cooking, it's just perfect.

I guess what all my comfort food choices have in common are that they are traditional, home-cooked meals.  There really is nothing like home cooking for comfort!

What's your favourite comfort food?



This post is part of my Big50 blogging challenge series.

1 comment:

  1. Sausages, onion gravy and mash are definitely a comfort food for me, particularly if my Grandma cooks it. Along with corned beef, white sauce, buttered potatoes and cabbage. YUM!

    I'm hungry now!

    ReplyDelete