The Gold Coast is the fourth city I've lived in and my current home. We originally moved here because, due to the huge tourist industry, there's a lot of work opportunities in hospitality here, so it was fairly easy for my husband (who is a semi-trained chef) to find a job. He also has some family here, which made the transition a little easier.
Things I hate about the Gold Coast:
- The touristy nature of the area means there is little actual culture
- It's hot all the time
- The transient population means a lot of friends come and go
- Everything is dangerous, from the bugs to the Drop Bears
- Rental properties are all through agents and most are in complexes and thus have "body corporate" rules
Things I love about the Gold Coast:
- The touristy nature of the area means I often have friends or family visit
- It's hot all the time!
- The transient population means I get to meet lots of new people
- The wildlife is so beautiful
Most of the time I enjoy living here, but I've never felt really at home here. You'll learn more about the place I consider home on Day 40!
This post is part of my Big50 blogging challenge series.