Sunday, November 7, 2010

Big50 Day 2: The Gold Coast

The Gold Coast is the fourth city I've lived in and my current home.  We originally moved here because, due to the huge tourist industry, there's a lot of work opportunities in hospitality here, so it was fairly easy for my husband (who is a semi-trained chef) to find a job.  He also has some family here, which made the transition a little easier.

Things I hate about the Gold Coast:
  • The touristy nature of the area means there is little actual culture
  • It's hot all the time
  • The transient population means a lot of friends come and go
  • Everything is dangerous, from the bugs to the Drop Bears
  • Rental properties are all through agents and most are in complexes and thus have "body corporate" rules
Things I love about the Gold Coast:
  • The touristy nature of the area means I often have friends or family visit
  • It's hot all the time!
  • The transient population means I get to meet lots of new people
  • The wildlife is so beautiful
Most of the time I enjoy living here, but I've never felt really at home here.  You'll learn more about the place I consider home on Day 40!

This post is part of my Big50 blogging challenge series.

1 comment:

  1. Those drop bears are a bastard. Look up and live people.

    ReplyDelete