Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Big50 Day 4: Movies

Ah, movies.  I have a fairly sizeable collection, not on par with Hugh Hefner (how I envy his movie collection!) but certainly a good number.  I can't go into JB Hi Fi without buying at least one DVD or CD.  Yes yes, I know these technologies are virtually obsolete, but my ISP is still in the dark ages when it comes to download speeds and limits (I can't get ADSL2+ here yet) and anyway, I like having DVDs.  I'm planning on getting a whole new home enterainment system in a year or so, and will look at a PC-based entertainment centre at that point, but until then, DVDs are it.

I mostly like movies similar to the sorts of books I like (more on books on Day 6): fantasy, adventure, that kind of thing.  I like superhero movies, British comedy, action movies...I DON'T like chick flicks, romance movies, or horror.  I really can't watch anything scary.  Even the trailers for scary movies give me nightmares.  I'll happily read a Stephen King novel, but when it comes to movies...I was scared in the Sixth Sense!

My favourite movie ever is The Princess Bride, followed closely by Love, Actually.  I watch both of those movies several times a year.  Notable mentions also include Hairspray, Walk the Line, Titanic, the Matrix movies, the Life of Brian (and other Monty Python movies), and the most recent Star Trek movie.

In terms of actors, I love Kate Winslet, Angelina Jolie, Nikki Blonsky, Emma Thompson, Johnny Depp, Keanu Reeves, Gary Oldman, Bill Nighy...A few Brits in there, huh?  What can I say, I love British actors!

What movies are your favourites?


This post is part of my Big50 blogging challenge series.

3 comments:

  1. It seems we have very, very similar tastes in movies and actors dear Jenn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That doesn't surprise me :) It's the Brits, I think :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I somehow left out Jack Nicholson, who is amazing, and the best Bond, Sean Connery!

    ReplyDelete