Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Big50 Day 20: Thanksgiving

So this was supposed to be on Thanksgiving, obviously.  I should probably stop reminding you guys that I'm so far behind, huh?

One of the people I follow on Twitter, @VoiceInRecovery, does a daily hashtag tweet where she asks people what they are grateful for.  I always try to think of at least one every day.  Some days are easier than others.  My gratefuls range from minor things (like a nice cup of tea) to big things (like the incredible community in my home country of New Zealand).

In Australia and New Zealand we don't celebrate Thanksgiving, obviously, as it's a US holiday.  However, due to the pervasive nature of US culture, it's impossible to avoid Thanksgiving.  Even if we don't celebrate the holiday itself, it's still a good time to think about what we are thankful for.

So, here are things I'm thankful for, in no particular order:

  • My family
  • My husband
  • My husband's family
  • My fur babies
  • My friends
  • My ablebodiedness
  • My home
  • My car
  • My job
I could go on and on.  Once I start thinking about what I'm thankful for, the list becomes endless.  I really am incredibly lucky.

What are you thankful for?



This post is part of my Big50 blogging challenge series.

1 comment:

  1. *My Friends
    *A great job
    *Good music
    *A comfortable home and good income
    *A body that works well and is strong, and I am learning to love.
    *Overtime at work (more shopping $$!)
    *People supporting Operation Baldy so much

    ReplyDelete