Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Big50 Day 24: Games

I love my computer games.  I've played games since I had my Commodore 64 when I was a kid.  I went through a phase where I was a World of Warcraft addict, although luckily, I seem to have kicked that habit for good.  I usually play strategy games like Civ, or RPGs like Diablo, Neverwinter Nights, Dragon Age, or Mass Effect.  I have a whole drawer full of computer games, and need to keep my PC fairly up-to-date to handle my games.

My current main occupation is Civ 5.  I've played most Civ versions, and find this one to be as addictive as ever.  Civ has the "just one more turn" factor - you think, "I'm just going to finish this Wonder", or "I'm just going to kill off this city", and then suddenly it's 2am!  The latest version has the added benefit of Steam achievements.  I can't believe I just gave you guys that link...

I also love love love Dragon Age.  BioWare do fabulous games, and Dragon Age is definitely my favorite game so far.  I'm secretly (not so secretly, rather) in love with Alistair.  I think I've mentioned this before.  The sequel is out in March, and I am very excited about that.

I'm certainly not a hard-core gamer, but I do enjoy my games, and I enjoy webcomics related to games (like Penny Arcade, PVP Online, and LFG).

Apart from computer games, I also enjoy board games, although we don't really have anyone to play with at the moment.  We have several games in the cupboard that I wish we could play more.  I also played Dungeons & Dragons and World of Darkness (both play-by-post and tabletop)for a while, but simply ran out of spare time to enjoy them properly.  I still have a big bag of dice though!

Do you play any games?


This post is part of my Big50 blogging challenge series.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a big girly gamer. I have a Nintendo Wii and I love, love, love Animal Crossing. I can play it for HOURS.

    I've always loved boardgames and word games too. Let's play boardgames sometime!

    ReplyDelete