Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Big50 Day 25: Daydreaming

I daydream a lot.  I have a fairly active imagination, and daydreaming is a way to channel that.  I daydream about my future, about people I know, about fictional characters, about random strangers...I compose stories, poetry, and blog posts...Anything to keep my mind occupied!

I daydream when I'm driving to and from work, or watching TV, or lying in bed trying to get to sleep (although I suppose that's nightdreaming, not daydreaming, hmmm).  I find daydreaming helps time pass faster and is a really good way to switch my brain off and help me sleep.  I think it's just part of my nature to over-analyse and dwell. Daydreaming keeps my mind focused on positive, mundane things, and stops me from brooding.

I'm not going to describe my daydreams, because that's too personal!  Do you daydream?


This post is part of my Big50 blogging challenge series.

1 comment:

  1. I daydream all the time, it's all that keeps me from getting stressed beyond belief a lot of the time. Plus it's the time I get my best writing done.

    ReplyDelete