Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Big50 Day 29: Art

While I find art interesting, and dated a couple of artists when I was younger, I don't have any great skill myself.  I would love to be able to paint or draw, but alas, my talents lie in other areas.

Currently we don't have a lot of art work up in our house, although we are slowly remedying that.  I have two original works done just for me (from the aforementioned artist boyfriends) that both need to be reframed before I can hang them.  Our pride and joy, art-wise, is the painting we received as a wedding gift from my best friend from high school (Helen) and her partner (Hayley).

Image copyright 2010 Hayz Originals

Isn't she amazing?  Hayley, who has a website here, painted this for us herself.  Helen asked my sister for suggestions for what we might like and Angela immediately said "Dragons!".  Little did she know that our wedding cake was also dragon-themed!  So, obviously, we were thrilled with this painting.

We also recently inherited some art from David's grandmother, including an Indonesian batik and an original painting which we still need to get valued and reframed.  Our collection is slowly growing.  We both have quite different tastes, so I think that our collection will end up being quite eclectic!

What art do you like?


This post is part of my Big50 blogging challenge series.

No comments:

Post a Comment