Monday, December 20, 2010

Big50 Day 35: Fathers

As I've mentioned before, I would say I'm a Daddy's Girl, for sure.  The fact that I still call him Daddy should demonstrate that!  My Daddy was always very protective of me.  None of my boyfriends ever measured up.  My clothes were too revealing.  I should aim higher.  What it all came down to really, however, was that he wanted what was best for me.  I think he's realised recently that what I think is best for me may not always be what he does, but that this is not always bad.  He's become more accepting of my choices - and finally approved of my relationships.  He gets on well with my husband, which I'm so grateful for.

My father-in-law is a botanist whose work takes him to some pretty remote places, including Antarctica - he's been there several times.  He grew up on a winery and has a lot of very interesting stories.  He's also an excellent artist - his botanical drawings are beautifully detailed and graceful.

I'm very lucky that I have such a good relationship with both my parents, as well as my in-laws.  I know that's highly unusual!


This post is part of my Big50 blogging challenge series.

No comments:

Post a Comment