Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Big50 Day 41: Crafts

I usually think of myself as not a particularly creative person, because I can't paint or draw or sculpt or anything like that.  But that's not really being very fair to myself.  I enjoy doing creative things that have guidelines, like cross-stitch from patterns and baking from recipes.  I'll happily adapt those guidelines to suit myself, but if you were to ask me, for example, to create a meal out of a bench full of assorted ingredients, I'd be totally lost.

I've recently been on a bit of a sewing kick.  I made the ring pillow we used for our wedding, and am halfway through making a maxi dress.  Speaking of the wedding...We also made our own centrepieces to go with our sand ceremony and our colour scheme.  Here's me with one on the day we were assembling them:



I used to make a lot of my own paper with a paper recycling kit, and turn it into cards and that kind of thing.  I've spent the last few evenings baking so that I can give gifts to my coworkers for Christmas.  I just enjoy giving home-made gifts.  The act of creating something, anything, is immensely satisfying to me.  I guess I just don't give myself enough credit for my personal brand of creativity!


This post is part of my Big50 blogging challenge series.

No comments:

Post a Comment