Friday, December 24, 2010

Big50 Day 44-48: Senses

Because I got so far behind, I'm going to cheat a little and combine my 5 separate "Senses" posts into one!

Touch
The soft spot behind Jeddah's ears.  The roughness of Bubbles' tongue.  Silk against my skin.  Egyptian cotton sheets.  Dave's head after I've shaved his hair.  A mohair blanket.


Smell
Freshly-brewed tea.  Raspberries.  Christmas fruit cake.  Roast dinner.  Grass after rain.  Coconut.  Bacon and eggs.  A new book.


Taste
Smooth, rich chocolate mousse.  Lemon meringue pie.  Nana's rice pudding.  Gruyère cheese.  A crunchy Granny Smith apple.  Feijoas off my parents' tree.  Lychees.


Hearing
A baby crying.  Jeddah meowing.  A tent zip opening on a clear Summer morning.  The Storm by Jim Steinman.  Phoebe yelping in her sleep.  My Daddy's electric razor in the morning.


Sight
A beautiful fantasy painting, like by Boris Vallejo.  Ron Mueck's sculptures.  A full moon.  Kawakawa Bay, from the hill above.  The Desert Road.  Wisteria vines.  Jacaranda trees. Kowhai trees.  Pohutukawa trees.  A book.


This post is part of my Big50 blogging challenge series.

No comments:

Post a Comment