Monday, July 4, 2011

Postcrossing: France


This was the first card I received that was specifically something I had mentioned in my Postcrossing profile: I had asked for cards about baking, so this is what I got!  I absolutely love it, my clear favourite so far.  The pastries are just so French.  To eat macarons in Paris is one of my goals in life.  I loved the cute, slightly cartoonish feel of the card.

On the back:
Hi!
I hesitated between a book and a pastries card, but as I've been baking several cakes for my kids parties today, here are some pastries! I understand you miss New Zealand, I went there while living in Japan and loved it.  We did a lot of hiking (Tongariro, Abel Tasman, Wanaka area, Milford track, Mount Cook area...), it was fabulous!!
Nathalie
I really appreciated that she had read my profile and taken some time to write about things I had said, as well as choosing a card I had asked for.  I'm loving receiving any cards, but this one was extra special to me.  The stamp is a beautiful abstract painting by Jean Bazaine.

1 comment:

  1. This is a very cool card! French Sweets: croissants, eclairs, tiramisu. Yum, yum:)

    ReplyDelete