Thursday, July 14, 2011

Postcrossing: Russia


Saint Petersburg is so flat!  The island in the foreground is the Peter and Paul Fortress, the original citadel of Saint Petersburg, and the cathedral is the Peter and Paul Cathedral.  According to Wikipedia, the bell tower is over 123m high, and the figure on the top is a gilded angel.

On the back:
Hello, I hope you enjoy view city on postcard.
We are all sitting in the gutter but some people still look at the stars (Wilde Oscar)
For Jennifer
P.S. Nastya from Russia
The Oscar Wilde quote she actually wrote in Russian in Cyrillic script as well, which I loved.  This is one of my favourite Oscar Wilde quotes and I think it's awesome that she took a suggestion from my profile page of sharing a quote, and gave it to me in her language.

There are 5 stamps on the postcard: 3 showing the Kremlin, one fox and one hare, all brightly-coloured.

No comments:

Post a Comment