Tuesday, October 25, 2011

OOTD: Scarlet Woman

A couple of my friends from New Zealand were in Brisbane for the weekend so on Sunday I went up to meet them and we shopped 'til we dropped.  I accidentally bought a new skirt from Autograph so I really wanted to wear it today, as you do when you buy new clothes.  I also had a pair of tights from my last We Love Colors order that I hadn't worn yet so I figured I would pair them up.

T-shirt: Mr Vintage
Skirt: Autograph
Tights: We Love Colors (Scarlet Red)

I'd been looking for a new shorter-length skirt for a while but it was difficult to find one that wasn't too frumpy or had horrendously expensive shipping, so when I spotted this one in Autograph on sale for $20 I knew I had to snap it up.  The tights are much, much brighter than they look in the pic: really vivid red.  Dave tried to get a couple of pictures of them but they really don't show the brightness:


I've featured this t-shirt before and it's fast become my favourite Mr Vintage t-shirt.  I easily wear it once a week.  I love the print and it's just a little bit dressier than some of my other t-shirts.  I love all my Mr Vintage t-shirts and they are all in high rotation but this one in particular gets worn more than the others.

The skirt is super comfortable - the waist is elasticated at the back, there's no zip or anything - and it wore pretty well.  The viscose fabric does have a little tendency to crumple but I thought it did pretty well.  The colour goes with pretty much anything.  It will get plenty of wear because it will be light and cool in summer and goes well with all my tights for winter.  It's nearly too warm for tights here now so I'll have to say farewell to all my We Love Colors tights until next year.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, now I want to buy those tights! I've yet to make an order from welovecolors, i'm afraid i'd buy one of every colour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always a danger :) I have, uh, 8 pairs now I think? Whenever I wear them in an OOTD I post the colour so people can see what the colours look like on. Sometimes they look totally different to the site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm catching up with my blog post reading, and OMG! I bought that same skirt! And I wore it with red tights the first time! Though I wore it with the "red", rather than the scarlet - which I also have. The red are just that bit pinker than an actual red.

    Snap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha really? That's awesome! Clearly we have excellent taste in fashion :)

    ReplyDelete