Monday, February 13, 2012

FotoFeb: Day 13


This afternoon's reading

We're currently in the process or organising quotes for paving, because the yard of the little home unit we rent from Dave's parents is basically just rocks and mud and impossible to maintain.  There's significantly more work involved than I thought, and way more options to consider too!  So far we've received two quotes, had two more guys come and measure and are waiting on their quotes, and have two more guys booked to measure, bringing out quotes total to six, which seems like overload but at least gives us plenty of options.  Some tradies have been cowboys and some have been professionals, and I think we'll end up with a good range of prices and options.  The front runner for me is Fernando from Doctor Paver because come on, just his name is awesome.  But he was very professional also and gave us a few options and explained how he would deal with each little issue which I thought was good.

This morning we also visited the Carrara Sandstone Works and ABC Landscape Supplies to take a look at paver options, and we had the Paver Trader come to us with his truck full of samples.  We've determined the size and style of paver we think will look best and it's really just a matter of choosing the type - my preference is a limestone paver but that's also fairly pricey so we may end up with a mid-range concrete paver which I think will also look quite nice.  We got plenty of brochures to browse through so that's how I spent my afternoon while I sat around waiting for tradies to turn up.

It's already been a bit stressful for me, dealing with all these tradies and having them in my space, and it's going to get worse before it get's better, but it will definitely be worth it in the end.  It will open up the whole area and make it feel much more spacious, and give us a lovely area to have barbecues and put down a little potted herb and vege garden.  So hopefully we can finalise the decision-making process soon and get it started!

No comments:

Post a Comment