Saturday, November 10, 2012

NaBloPoMo: 10 November

I didn't blog yesterday, and I'm not going to beat myself up for missing a day.  Instead, I'll use yesterday's topic for today's "free choice"!

"If you could change one thing about your life right now, what would it be?"

I know it sounds terribly cliché, but I'm really not sure I'd change anything.  Sure, I'd like to be rich and be able to retire, but if Hollywood has taught me anything, it's that changing things with wishes can have disastrous side affects!  Also, while I'm certainly not 100% deterministic, and definitely not "God has a plan for everyone", I do to a point believe that everything happens for a reason.  Every day we make choices and decisions that have consequences that we may never see or understand.  Looking at where I am in my life right now, and looking back at the path that brought me here, I can see how faint that path is - how there were so many branches and other paths that I could have taken.  I'm content.  No, I'm happy.  And yes, there are things I want to do or change, but those are things I want to change myself, not just wave a magic wand and have changed for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment