Thursday, November 8, 2012

NaBloPoMo: 8 November

"If you could have any job (and instantly have the training and qualifications to do it), which job would you want?"

I'm the sort of person that really, really likes learning new things.  As a teenager, I decided I wanted to be a high school guidance counselor.  But my Daddy told me to aim higher than that and wanted me to be a psychiatrist.  So I took the subjects I needed to get in to med school, but unfortunately didn't do well enough.  So I fell back to my original plan and started studying Psychology and Education.  Then I didn't enjoy psych.  So I switched to English and Classics thinking I'd be a high school teacher.  Then after my degree and before I got my teaching qualification I got a full-time job and never did my teaching qualification.  Then recently I started studying Small Business Management with the idea of owning a second-hand bookstore.  Then I started studying Creative Writing with the idea of being a novelist.  Then a friend recommended I look into IT so I've been looking at that.  Then I realised it's not as expensive as I thought to return to tertiary studies in Oz so I started looking at other options, like doing my Masters...You get the idea.  I want to learn EVERYTHING.  And do EVERYTHING.

So.  If I could have any job?  It's really hard to choose!  I'm still too young to have decided what I want to do with my life...aren't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment