Saturday, January 26, 2013

Off The Shelf 2013: January


My Off The Shelf dedicated bookshelf - the rest are on my kindle


Well, we're approaching the end of January so I figured it was time to do an Off the Shelf update. I'll try to do one every month so I have a record of how I did in the challenge.

If you're reading this post on my actual blog site, you can see my Goodreads widget over on the right there that shows my total book count. So far I've completed 5 books in 2013. While I've only set a goal of 45 books (which is marginally less than a book a week) I'm still trying to keep my running total to about 1 book a week - that way I have a bit of wiggle room. So I'm still 1 book ahead of my working goal right now, hooray!

I've finished my preliminary reading and read one book of my Off the Shelf list. In summary, so far in January I've completed the following books:

  1. Dark Matter by Juli Zeh
  2. Summer Knight by Jim Butcher (The Dresden Files 4)
  3. A Tiny Bit Marvellous by Dawn French
  4. Cotton: The Biography of a Revolutionary Fiber by Stephen Yafa
  5. Badass by Ben Thompson

It's a long weekend here in Australia (Australia Day) so I expect I will finish at least one more book this weekend. I'm about to start Death Masks by Jim Butcher (The Dresden Files 5).

I'm pretty happy with how I'm going. I'm enjoying reading again, even if nothing I've read so far has been blow-my-mind amazing. If you want to see my review of each book, check out my Goodreads page.


This post is part of my Off The Shelf 2013 Reading Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment