Sunday, May 19, 2013

BA's Posting Challenge 5 &6: In the Design / Other Loves

I missed last week because I was sick with a pretty nasty cough, sorry, so here are two posts for the price of one!

Week 5's topic: How did you come to have your current blog design and what do you love about it?

Honestly, I haven't put a huge amount of thought in to my blog design and layout. I prefer to keep it simple and uncluttered, and I like purple. It's just one of the Blogger default themes. The Goodreads widget is new this year, since I started my reading challenges. The tagline, "You never get wise, you only get older" is a line from the Dandy Warhols' song "Big Indian". To me it's not a negative sentiment, it's saying that there's always more to learn and that there's things that you will never learn, but that's not a bad thing.

Week 6's topic: What else do you love to talk about besides books, on your blog or off it?

I talk about food a lot here. I love food. I love baking. I love to make food and share it, as a gift to my friends. Right now I have chilli jam cooking in my Thermomix, to give to some of Dave's friends from work. And we're cooking beef pot roast in the slow cooker for dinner. I wish I had more time to cook and bake more.

On my tumblr, besides reblogging cute animal pictures, I reblog a lot of feminist and fat acceptance stuff. I like to read and share that stuff and think about it, and sometimes talk to a couple of friends who "get" it, but I tend not to write it myself or share it outside of safe spaces. There's plenty of great bloggers out there who say it better than I ever could.

I also talk about computer games, sometimes here on this blog but also with my friends. My biggest time sink right now is XCOM: Enemy Unknown which is a game from one of Dave's favorite franchises. I hadn't picked up XCOM when it came out because it didn't seem like my sort of game: I prefer RPGs. But after watching Dave play it I decided that I'd check it out, and I picked it up when it was a Steam Daily Deal last week...and I love it. In fact, I'm going to go play it right now!



This post is part of the above Posting Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment