Sunday, July 7, 2013

BA's Posting Challenge 12 & 13: Your Changes / Cha, Cha, Changes

Combined Week 12 & 13 Topics: How have you changed since your blog began? What has changed with your blog since it began?

I started this blog back in April 2010. I'd just gotten married, I was studying, and wanted a place to talk about my upcoming honeymoon and share stuff about my studies (like poetry). I also wanted to share outfit posts, because I'd recently started becoming involved in Fat Acceptance, and wanted to be more visible.

266 posts later, my blog and I have both evolved. I'm no longer studying (although I'm desperate to start again, maybe next year...) and I'm more confident in myself and my place in the Fat Acceptance community. I've gone back to the feminist roots I started putting down as a teenager, and educated myself about feminism and privilege. My blog has most recently evolved to be more books than anything else. I don't mind that, reading is a big focus of my life right now and I love talking about books.

This blog was never meant to have any kind of theme, and I still resist that strongly. It's a personal blog, more like a diary. I write about whatever I want to write about. It goes through phases. I write most about my outfits and body image and fashion, and about food; about Postcrossing, which I've recently got back in to; and about books and reading.

My blog posts get emailed to my husband, my best friend, and my Mum, so I must admit to a bit of self-censoring for that reason. I still keep my more "radical" thoughts to other platforms. My tumblr is probably where my most controversial stuff is, hidden in between the lolcats. It's mostly reblogs - there are so many fantastic people out there that say things far more coherently than I can about feminism and privilege.

I think that one of my most defining characteristics is my drive to learn. Anything, everything, I'm always trying to learn new things. And so I think that this means I am constantly changing and evolving as I learn and adapt. Which means my blog is constantly changing and evolving too.


This post is part of the above Posting Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment